Supervisor CourseFedReady LLC & Reakttor Inc.
Supervisors of Drivers who are covered by the The Department of Transportation (DOT) / Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Alcohol Misuse and Controlled Substances Use Program.
Supervisors of drivers are required to receive two hours of initial training as specified by Federal Regulations (49 CFR Part 382.603). Completion of this two hour online training program meets or exceeds this requirement. Although supervisor refresher training is not required, it is highly recommended to enable supervisors to maintain the skills and confidence to determine whether reasonable suspicion exists to require a driver to undergo reasonable suspicion testing.
- Identify the indicators of probable drug use and/or alcohol misuse
- Understand the supervisor’s responsibilities in the overall compliance program
- Define the six required types of tests in the program
- Recall the signs and symptoms of illegal drug use and alcohol misuse
- Define the supervisor’s role within the process for testing a driver based on reasonable suspicion
- Recall the consequences of a verified positive, adulterated, or substituted drug test, and refusal to test, and understand the drug testing process and safeguards
- Define alcohol and prohibited conduct under the Alcohol Misuse regulations
- Identify the steps of confronting a driver upon observation of the indicators of probable illegal drug use or alcohol misuse
- Participate in an interactive scenario to make a determination to conduct a reasonable suspicion test
- Recognize the importance of record keeping and appropriate documentation
- Review questions that were asked by supervisors in other companies and the answers, and ask their own questions via the “Help” feature of the course.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the course material by passing a quiz.
Focus of Supervisor Course
This course focuses on increasing competence and confidence in knowing when and how to take action. Real world examples and practical tools are provided to help the supervisor implement these requirements.
Although only initial supervisor training is required by DOT regulations, it is recommended that supervisors periodically receive refresher training to maintain the knowledge and confidence that is necessary to address this responsibility.
To experience the course, review sample video demo below. This sample demo contains some pages from existing course.